Wouldnt it be great if there were superfoods that fight inflammation? There are!
A great deal of scientific research has now been done to identify the foods which are so nutrient dense that they help to protect our bodies from developing serious inflammations. These foods have been called ‘Superfoods’ and health enthusiasts are enthusiastically on board with the idea. So let’s get into it…
Superfoods For Inflammation
Our bodies are designed to protect themselves. This is a wonderful process that keeps us healthy but there are times when it does more harm than good. This is so in the case of extreme inflammation.
When your body begins to fight or get rid of any stimuli it deems harmful, the result is inflammation. Harmful stimuli could be pathogens or even cells from our own bodies that have been damaged. Once the harmful stimulus is removed, the body can now begin to heal itself. This process has its benefits since it ensures that our wounds heal quickly but if it occurs for a prolonged period, that inflammation can cause us to develop dangerous diseases like hay fever, arthritis or even cancer.
WHY WE NEED SUPER FOODS
Unhappily, the world around us has deteriorated so much that just about everything can cause us to develop dangerous inflammation. The air we breathe contains harmful toxins and pathogens. Our water is often contaminated with heavy metals and bacteria. Plus, even the very food we eat can end up making us sick. Genetically modified (GMO) foods and harmful fertilizers have been the cause of many recent deaths.
But thankfully, all is not lost…which is where superfoods come into play.
Superfoods are Mother Nature’s way of taking care of us. Many of them are also quite affordable. This is a much better option than expensive gluten free or barely organic alternatives that promise similar health benefits. Not only do these Superfoods help prevent inflammation and the related diseases, but they also provide a host of other medicinal benefits.
Here is a list of top 5 most popular Superfoods from around the world and how they help us stay healthy:
- Ginger has been used for centuries as a remedy for digestive problems. Ginger has also been used to cure bacterial, fungal and a host of other infections. The beauty of this Superfood is that it is quite easy to add into your diet. You can use ginger to make tea or to spice up your meals. Ginger is readily available in most stores and it’s also quite easy to grow in your vegetable garden.
- Honey packs a powerful punch because it is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients. Honey has been used to treat more ailments than I care to list. In addition to being used to treat diabetes, coughs, wounds, colds, infections, allergies and a host of other ailments, honey also energizes our bodies. But please be very careful when purchasing honey. Fake honey which has been mixed with syrup or watered down has glutted the market and it goes without saying that these imitations cannot be good for your health.
- The amazing benefits of Spurlina were discovered quite recently. We are still yet to discover its full potential. So far, we have discovered that Spurlina contains about 3000% more iron than popular health foods like spinach and about 2000% more beta-carotene than is produced by carrots. This sounds almost too good to be true right? Unfortunately, this Superfood is yet to become a regular feature of our supermarket shelves because it takes some work to make it taste appealing.Try blending it with a mixture of your favorite fruits. This Superfood is also available in the form of a tea but that is even harder to find.
- With the recent increase in instances of people consuming plastic rice, Quinoa has become popular as a healthy rice alternative. Not only is it relatively easy to cook but it also can be combined with just about any protein. Be warned, you may need to add some extra spice to appreciate the flavour but you will acquire the taste soon enough. This Superfood is rich in iron, B vitamins and even protein. It may cost a little more than rice, but it is well worth the price.
- Even if you have been living under a rock, you would have seen how popular Kale has become. This Superfood is now readily available just about everywhere! Kale is so rich in nutrients and fibre, that it can be used to detox our bodies. Medical experts have even identified a direct link between Kale and cancer prevention.
Superfoods are becoming increasingly popular. The diseases caused by inflammation are also becoming far too common. It’s high time we all got to know these top-rated food ingredients better.
Superfoods for inflammation. Who’d have guessed?